Knowledge Base

Can I burn my yard waste?

Yes, when open burning is permitted. All outdoor burning of natural vegetative materials is considered open burning and requires a burn permit from the Georgia Forestry Commission (GFC).

You can obtain a burn permit by going online at

or call 1-877-OK2-BURN.

You are not permitted to burn your yard waste between May 1st through September 30th.

Updated 4/13/2019 5:06 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!